5. Important Dates: Dates for Submission of Application Form and conduct of examination are given below:
Stage I (State)
Last Date for Submission of Application Form: 31 August, 2010
Examination in Mizoram, Meghalaya, Nagaland and Andaman and Nicobar Islands: 20th November, 2010 (Saturday)
Examination in All other States and Union Territories: 21st November, 2010 (Sunday)
Stage II - National
Examination in All States and Union Territories: 8th May, 2011 (Sunday)
6. Eligibility: Students of Class VIII studying in recognized schools are eligible to appear for the respective Class VIII Stage I examination conducted by the States/UTs in which the schools are located. There will be no domicile restriction.
7. Examination: The pattern of written examination for Class VIII will be as follows:.
Stage I examination at the State/UT level will comprise two parts, namely (a) Mental Ability Test (MAT) and (b) Scholastic Ability Test (SAT) covering social sciences, sciences and mathematics.
Stage II examination at the National level will comprise (a) Mental Ability Test (MAT), (b) Scholastic Ability Test (SAT) covering social sciences, sciences and mathematics, (c) Interview. Only those candidates who qualify the written examination at the National Level will be invited for interview.
8. State Quotas: Each State/Union Territory has been allotted a quota to recommend a specific number of candidates for the Stage II examination, the details of which will be made available on NCERT website. However, there will be no State/Union Territory Quota for the final award of scholarship after the Stage II examination. Reservation for SC, ST and Physically challenged will be as notified in para 2 above.
9. Application Forms: Application Forms can be downloaded from NCERT website www.ncert.nic.in. All correspondence relating to Application Forms should be addressed to the State Liaison Officers (LOs) whose addresses are given at the end/Website.
10. The completed application form duly signed by Principal of the school should be submitted to the LO before the last date.
11. Fees: States and Union Territories may notify the fee required (refer NCERT website) which will be paid for the Stage-I examination. However, NCERT does not charge any fee for the Stage-II examination.
12. Announcement of Results: Results of the Stage-I examination will be announced by the respective State Governments/ Union Territories. Results of Stage-II examination will be announced by NCERT.